Friday, July 11, 2008

my heart

A golden heart pendant,
The replacement for my heart,
This heart is resplendent,
My old one broke apart,

I cracked when I was pushed,
I ran from my home,
And now I’m alone,

I’m a free soul,
I go where I wish,
But I’m not whole,
There’s something I miss,

Looks can deceive,
I am not pleased,
Yes, I chose to leave,
But I was seized,

When I left my heart was breaking,
I couldn’t take it anymore,
My pain was a terrible aching,
But that was before,

Now I feel numb,
No feelings are there,
Except for the glum,
There’s so little air,

Goodbye for now,
I say as I take my final bow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats your best poem yet. How come you never told me you wrote???

mckibben said...

look at my now post

lone poet said...

thanx kenna, and i never told anybody i wrote because i didnt feel comfortable showing them, but here its you and only a few people i dont know that seem cool so ya.